Cytonn Foundation is an initiative of Cytonn Investments focused on giving back to the society through skill development. We focus on causes that resonate with our values and those that we collectively care about.
We are focused on three main causes, namely:
Entrepreneurship: Entrepreneurship remains the core engine of growth in any diverse and growing economy, hence the biggest determinant in job creation and uplifting the standards of living. At Cytonn Foundation, we understand that entrepreneurship is crucial to social progress. A good business (i) creates wealth for its shareholders, (ii) creates good and fulfilling career opportunities for employees, (iii) creates innovative, fair priced, enjoyable products and services for its customers, and importantly, (iv) enhances society through paying taxes to fund national priorities. For this purpose, the Foundation aims to promote entrepreneurial culture in Kenya and the region. We do this through the Cytonn Entrepreneurs Hub (Cytonn eHub).
Cytonn eHub is an annual initiative of Cytonn Foundation, themed “Start Sharp and Thrive”. It has four main activities;
Read more on Cytonn eHub
- Cytonn eHub Discussion Forum, which brings together budding and experienced entrepreneurs to learn from each other’s entrepreneurial journey. The forum usually takes place in the first quarter of the year;
- Cytonn eHub Training Programme, an intense 12-week training and mentorship programme for young and upcoming entrepreneurs that seeks to enhance knowledge and capabilities on how to run and grow successful enterprises;
- Cytonn eHub Investors Forum, which brings together distinguished entrepreneurs and investors with the agenda of having successful Cytonn eHub Training Programme, graduates and budding entrepreneurs drawn from different sectors pitch their businesses and business ideas to investors with a goal of getting funding. It also marks the graduation ceremony for the successful Cytonn eHub entrepreneurs;
- Cytonn eHub Business Support, an initiative to ensure continued follow up and support for Cytonn eHub entrepreneurs.
- Training and Mentorship: We are committed to mentoring, training, nurturing talent and developing skill sets that are required to drive our growing economy. We do so in various ways such as:
This is an initiative of Cytonn Foundation to train media professionals on various areas across Investments, Finance and Real Estate so as to enhance skill sets, contribute to the growth of financial journalism and improve the quality of information available to the public.
Cytonn Young Leaders Programme (CYLP)
At Cytonn, CYLP is our primary recruitment tool. CYLP has partnered with various universities and always takes the opportunity to mentor university students on areas revolving around career growth and leadership. Read more on CYLP
Financial Literacy: Cytonn Foundation aims to enhance financial knowledge and empower individuals with skills and knowledge that allow them to make informed and effective decisions with their financial resources. We do this through training sessions at universities, conferences and at our fora.