5 Reasons to Live in Ruiru
22 February, 2024 / Articles
Are you looking for a place to settle with your family away from the City? Or are you nearing retirement and now considering moving further from the hustle and bustle of town but not too far from civilization? Are you looking to build or to buy a house? Here are 5 reasons you should consider living in Ruiru;
- Accessibility- From Ruiru, you can reach the Nairobi Central Business District using the Thika Superhighway within 20-30 minutes or alternatively link to Juja, Thika and other counties such as Murangá, Kirinyaga and Nyeri. Going to Mombasa or flying out? Ruiru boasts of such convenience, you can easily get to the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport and Mombasa Road via the Eastern By-pass.To get to Limuru Road and areas such as Ruaka, you have the Northern By-pass at Membley, Ruiru
- Affordability- Ruiru is not an expensive place to live in and you can live within your budget. With rents ranging from Ksh 25,000 to Ksh 30,000 for a 2-bedroom apartment, and Ksh 35,000 to Ksh 45,000 for a 3-bedroom unit, Ruiru is pocket-friendly for a middle-income family. If you wish to buy a house, a 4-bedroom house will cost between Ksh 15 and Ksh 20 Mn, depending on the size, the location and its finishing. If this is too expensive, worry not, as you can buy a plot for Kshs 2-5Mn and build your house at your own pace. For your food and clothing purchases, there are not only stalls and supermarkets, but also an open market on Saturdays
- Amenities are within reach- Ruiru boasts of a wide range of schools including universities such as Zetech, Kenyatta University and NIBS in close proximity. For leisure and weekend getaways, you can visit the Rainbow Hotel, Kamakis restaurants located along the Eastern By-pass, and BTL Christian Conference Centre in Membley Area. The Ruiru town has several banks to take care of your financial needs and supermarkets to access basic house necessities. Soon enough, you will be able to enjoy a one-stop shopping experience with the opening of the KU Unicity Mall and the Spur Mall at Ruiru, Kimbo.
- Utilities- Residents in the area are served by water from the Ruiru- Juja Water & Sewerage Company as well as CDF-funded community borehole water projects. To address the influx of the population, the county government of Kiambu has commenced plans for a sewerage system to cater for sewage disposal. The area is well secured with the presence of various police posts and the main police station in Ruiru town. In newer estates, residents have employed the gated community concept with boundary walls and a single-manned gate to control entrance.
- Serene Environment- Previously a coffee farm, Ruiru has a tranquil environment ideal for a home. It also has a rural feel allowing you to keep animals, grow vegetables or even have a fish pond, something you would not easily do in urban centers in Nairobi.
If you had not considered living in Ruiru before, the reasons listed above are sure enough to convince you.